Santa hat brownies
Santa is an amazing dude. How could he possibly deliver a present to everyone on the planet in one night? Santa’s secret exposed! With a hat and brownie combined he is…Captain Santa! These delectable brownies are scrumdidiliumptious.
- 200g milk chocolate
- 140g unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- a pinch of salt (enhances the chocolate flavour)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 12 strawberries
1. pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees
2. melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over water. Once melted, remove from heat.
3. line an 18cm square pan with baking paper
4. stir the sugar, vanilla and salt into choc butter mix.
5. whisk the eggs in one at a time until combined.
6. beat in flour until smooth.
7. fold in walnuts.
8. pour into lined tray.
9. bake for 35-40 minutes
10. once cool, cut out circles of brownies (circle cookie cutter)
11. whip the cream and place on top of each round brownie, place a strawberry in the centre and a bit of cream top of the strawberry.
12 santa hat brownies per batch.
When melting the butter and chocolate over water, don’t let the water touch the bowl. If you feel a bit adventurous, Daisy’s world has a great recipe for marscapone buttercream to substitute for the cream.